This is the OLD website -- for the NEW & CURRENT website go to LONGLONGHONEYMOON.COM!

Thursday, June 28, 2007

So Where’s The Airstream?

So, you must be wondering about our Airstream? It hasn't yet made a blog video appearance.

Alas, it’s in the shop for a minor recall repair. Apparently our refrigerator has this tiny little design problem which might cause it to dump ALL its propane and do a nuclear bomb impression. No big deal. Call me crazy, but we’re having it fixed anyway.

In the meantime, I will attempt to distract you with this generator. Woo hoo! It putters like a kitten. It's a lovely shade of blue (although Kristy called it “Smurfy”). Last night Kristy’s father Harry helped us with the assembly, and we started it for the first time. Ahhhh... magic moments in the RV life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your blog after hearing about it on VAP. We have a very similar setup: I have a Ford 250 diesel and a 27 foot Airstream Safari. I just put some pictures up on westernviews.us.

At the start of your blog, in June, you didn't seem to have a cover for your truck bed. In your more recent posts, you did have a cover on it. Wondered why you didn't start off with one.

The Yamaha generator that you have is one I would love to get, with its electric starter. I have sort of ruled it out because, as an older woman, I could not get it in and out of the truck by myself. It is really heavy! Did you keep it in your truck when running it or did the two of you lift it in and out?