This is the OLD website -- for the NEW & CURRENT website go to LONGLONGHONEYMOON.COM!

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Flattened



Time is perhaps the greatest luxury of extended RV travel. It goes hand-in-hand with this nomadic lifestyle. Whenever life tosses you a curveball – for example, a flat tire in the middle of a redwood forest – you can always drop anchor and ride out the storm.

Of course Kristy and I really do have a honeymoon “schedule” of sorts. But it is blessedly vague and subject to change depending on which way the wind (or the tire) blows.

2 comments:

Harry De said...

Well Fluff Fluff and Sean, I told you you better get a spare tire and by the looks of the one you took off you need to visit a tire store ASAP.

Should I cancel my AAA membership too? I think I will write them and ask a few questions. Jim had to use them the other day for a tow and it cost him $17.

Be Safe and remember we LOVE you!

Daddy-O- and Mother Too

Sean and Kristy said...

Harry & Cherry, we plan to visit a Goodyear dealership and show them the old tire. As Gary (the tire technician) stated, it looks like the old one was defective. The tire had swollen and split along the inside. I've heard of several failures happening with these Goodyear Marathon tires. But I'm not sure if there's a really good alternative trailer tire. I need to do a little homework.

As for AAA, they really dropped the ball in my opinion. They stated that in the Alabama region we would need "AAA Plus RV" coverage, which I didn't even know existed. A tire change is a tire change. I was surprised when they refused to help. For all they knew, we could have been stuck in a dangerous place somewhere!

We will let you know what happens with the tire. Maybe we'll have some new ones put on in Los Angeles.

Love,

Sean & Kristy