This is the OLD website -- for the NEW & CURRENT website go to LONGLONGHONEYMOON.COM!

Sunday, September 2, 2007

They Might Be Giants



As human beings, we tend to think about time in terms of the average human lifespan. It’s therefore interesting to encounter ancient beings that are living by a COMPLETELY different set of rules. Like… Hugh Hefner. And redwood trees.

Many of these trees are older than the United States. Some of them are over a thousand years old. And a few proud geezers reach the 2000-year mark!

Viewing redwoods make you feel like you’ve stepped back in time. These trees would be totally appropriate in the age of the dinosaurs. Long after everyone currently alive on earth has died, the same redwoods will still be here.

The message I take from these majestic trees is carpe diem. Seize the day, and pursue your dreams while you are here. Our time on earth is short – let’s make the most of it!

2 comments:

slowolf said...

Greetings fellow Airstreamers. I stumbled across your blog via You Tube and found it to be a very unique way to spend a honeymoon. I would have loved to do that when my wife and I got married 23 years ago.

We have a 2005 28' Safari and are members of the Air Forums (slowolf). We live in coastal California between SF and LA and would highly recommend a visit down this way if it's in your schedule. Big Sur has some beautiful weather this time of year! PM me sometime!

Steve and Jan

Sean and Kristy said...

Hi Steve and Jan! After experiencing a flat tire, we are staying in Myers Flat, California. I plan to fix the tire this morning, and then we will head south. After visiting San Fran, we will be at a crossroads. We've discussed heading east, but I think we may go south towards LA. If so, we'll probably take the route you suggest.

I will look for you on airforums. I love that site, and visit it frequently!

Cheers,

Sean (and Kristy)