This is the OLD website -- for the NEW & CURRENT website go to LONGLONGHONEYMOON.COM!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Goat Incident


Airstream RV Blog - The Goat Incident from Sean on Vimeo.

This episode of our blog has NOTHING to do with ribald frat boy antics on initiation night. And for the record, the hiking trail in question is on the American side of the Park, near the peak altitude of Going-to-the-Sun Road.

You’ll see some snow in the video. The weather here in Montana and Canada has followed the course of hot & sunny during the day, and then chilly at night. (Missoula was hot at night, but that’s apparently because it sits in a valley.) Last night I had to dig my thickest coat out of our Airstream because temps dropped into the 40s.

Of course, humidity is quite low here. They are suffering a drought in this area that has produced many forest fires (more on this subject later). The land is as dry as a Cullman, Alabama, Oktoberfest.

We’re staying another day in Waterton Lakes before venturing further north into Canada.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautiful view!
I thought for a moment that Mr. Goat was going for the camera or maybe he just wanted to make sure you got a good close up of him.
Can't wait to see what's next.
Have Fun, Be Careful.
Love you!
Kelly

Harry De said...

Hello Sean and Fluff Fluff, same problem with my logon and passwd again. I think from now on I will just send e-mail.

We thought Mr. Goat was going to give you a head butt and your Mother was stroking out. Where are those hiking sticks?

I will be going to Louisville Ky. for the Street Rod Nat. on Wed and returning on Sun. I have gave your Mother some instructions on how to log on and get to your blog.

We Miss You and PLEASE be careful.

LOVE YOU!

Mother and Daddy-O

The Alabama Goldmans said...

Sean -
Can I just tell you that you need to write, write, write?!?!? Your "dry = Cullman Oktoberfest" line made me laugh out loud!

You guys look like you're having SO much fun and we're loving reading about it!

Hugs to you both!
Katrina

Sean and Kristy said...

Thanks to everyone for your comments! They made our day.

Kelly, at first I thought the goat was going for the camera also...but he just meandered on past. He was just out for a stroll, I guess...

Harry, this time we left our hiking sticks in the truck. I knew we would hear about it!

Katrina, thanks for your kind words! It's gratifying to know that you are enjoying our little blog. And I'm pleased that you got the Cullman Oktoberfest joke! That one was for all the Cullmanites, ha ha. :-)