This is the OLD website -- for the NEW & CURRENT website go to LONGLONGHONEYMOON.COM!

Sunday, July 1, 2007

“How Do You Tow It?”




This is the first question many people ask. The answer is VERY CAREFULLY with a large diesel truck.

Our steed is affectionately nicknamed “Seymour” (as in the official Airstream creed SEE MORE, DO MORE, LIVE MORE).

Seymour certainly DRINKS MORE. He's a thirsty soul, and he downs fuel faster than Lindsay Lohan snorts powdered sugar. I suspect we’ll get somewhere between 11 and ... 12 miles per gallon when towing the 7000-pound Airstream.


3 comments:

Roger said...

Just found out about your blog. I am happy to see it and I am sure I will enjoy following it.

Roger said...

OK. I have to post one more. We also have a 25' Classic (1992) and tow it with an F250 (2003). I love this setup. My total rig weight is 15000 lbs but the truck is around 9000. It is heartening to know that my truck is rated to tow TWICE what I am towing. Uphill towing is a dream. I can do 65+, pass cars, accelerate UP a grade. Downhill is very nice with the Tow/Haul mode although mine will not engage until 55mph or lower.

Enjoy! If you ever get to central California let us know.

Sean and Kristy said...

Thanks Roger! And I agree. It's really great having a big honkin' hunk of truck pulling our Airstream. We tow with complete confidence.

What sold me on the 3/4 ton truck was the safety argument. Get more tow vehicle than you need -- it's safer and more enjoyable.

I will let you know if (or should I say WHEN) we approach Central California. :D